So this is a little late, but I have been so sick the past week (and so has Isaac) that I haven't really done much of anything. Hopefully I'm on the mend :) So last Monday we got the call from the Army Recruiter and were told that Isaac got accepted for this semester! Because of the ice storm and school being cancelled for 3 days, Isaac didn't swear in until last Thursday. He is now 2nd Lt Sebourn! YAY! What that means is, they start paying for school this semester, we get our monthly living stipend, and we got the signing bonus. It is a huge relief and we are so excited, especially because we feel so good about the decision. After dental school Isaac will owe the Army 4 years of service. We realllly hope to live overseas in Germnay or Italy. What an awesome experience that would be!



This is Isaac with 2 of our other friends who also going into the Army: Dave and Brent.
Either this summer or next (most likely next) Isaac will go to officer training (a little different than basic training, he will be in more of a classroom setting with a lot less physical training) for 6 weeks. I am so happy and so proud of the decision we made. Isaac will make a great Army dentist!
6 comments:
First of all, I love your header picture. It's perfect for the blog!
Second, I think you guys are SO smart for going this route. How nice will it be to graduate from Dental school with two awesome advantages. 1. you won't have NEAR as much debt as most people (if any). and 2. you will know what you're doing after graduation! Nice work!
Welcome, welcome!! I'm excited for you guys!
We love being an Army family and I know you will, too!
Congrats!!! What a relief to have this figured out . . . Love you guys!
Exciting news! We are glad it has all worked out for you. I totally wish the military wanted lawyers like they want dentists.
Congratulations! That is such exciting news! I'm glad to know yall are doing well!
Yay! Congrats! :D
Hope you'll like the Military.
xox
Post a Comment