Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas in Hawaii

I finally feel like my life is back in order. There is nothing like traveling across the country into a timezone 5 hours different, where no schedule is needed, that will throw everything off! We had a wonderful time! This was most definitely my favorite trip to Hawaii that we have taken, because I got to share it with my husband! I was finally able to share a place that I grew up loving with someone I love! Cheesy, I know :D
I flew back to Lexington on the 14th and left with my family on the 16th for Hawaii. Isaac had finals so he flew out a week later from OKC (school always gets in the way of fun!). My family and I spent 2 days on Oahu to see Pearl Harbor and the Polynesian Cultural Center, which we have never done! We figured it was about time. The vacation REALLY started when we got to our favorite island, the Big Island. We stay on the Kona side in a condo. The weather is perfect there and you never have to worry about rain, as it only rains 10 inches a year on that side. Isaac flew in on the 21st and within an hour he was eating a delicious brunch at the Four Seasons. He was in heaven!



When we go to Hawaii, we don't really do much. We take walks, play some tennis, go to the beach for a few hours each day, eat lots of great food, watch tv and movies, read, and take lots of naps. It is so relaxing, because that is what vacation is all about! We have some very good family friends from DC that go every year because the husband/dad is from there. Each time we go we really enjoy their company and look forward to spending time at the beach, Christmas Dinner and hanging out.
Some of our favorite things in Hawaii are eating buttered coconut pies from a local bakery (and dad wonders why he gained so much weight haha) in Wiamea, snorkling at Kealakakua Bay, eating at Kamuela Deli and Huggos, and walking the King's Trail.






One thing that was added to our vacation this year was a very addicting show. Jack Bauer was introduced to my family last summer and my parents gave Isaac and me the first season when the came to visit so that over the vacation we could watch season 2 together. We ended up watching seasons 2 AND 3 and immediately started 4 when we got back to Lexington! Don't worry, we didn't waste any daylight watching it :) Thank you Clinton for introducing us to the most amazing man to ever live. Jack Bauer is my hero!

We got back to the mainland on Januaray 3rd. While we were very sad to leave, we were ready to come home. I am so grateful for my parents for taking us with them this year! It was a great Christmas present. Isaac and I can't wait to go back soon!

3 comments:

brent & meg talbot said...

i'm so jealous! it's absolutely beautiful. i'm so glad you guys had fun. we had to forge our way through snow during our trip. :) hope to see you soon! i missed everyone!

Greg and Tammy said...

Great pics!! SO JEALOUS!!

Bita said...

Oh my! Is that picture the coconut pie???? I want some!!!! It looks soooooo good! I totally want to fly to HI right now! Glad you had a good time.

xox