One thing that I am very passionate about and LOVE to do is travel! I was fortunate growing up to have a family that loves to travel and was able to. A few months ago Isaac and I made a list of places that we wanted to go to, and one of them is Honduras. I love Honduras, my dad traveled down there for work for a while a long time ago, and we went with him a few times. Honduras has the second best diving reef in the world, Roatan, so in the summer of 2010, we are going! It's 35,000 skymiles on Delta to go, and right now I have almost 50,000 and Isaac is only a few thousand away from 35,000 himself. And after the Hawaii trip this Christmas, Isaac will have enough! We wanted to go next summer (2009) but our student loans that we get in January have to last us until August instead of the beginning of June when he gets out of school, we'll have to work so that we can pay the bills and all that fun stuff :)
I absolutely love love LOVE to travel! I am so excited to be able to travel with Isaac and show him all the fun and cool places I've been, as well as new places neither of us has ever been to! After the Honduras trip, our next trip will be the "Isaac graduated from Dental School..Let's celebrate!" trip. We have a few ideas about where we want to go: Italy and Greece (neither of us has been there) or Thailand. Of course, my parents want us to go to Thailand so they have an excuse to go over there! There are so many wonderful places in this world, and so little time to see them all. We have a few places that we will be going in the next year: This Thanksgiving we get to go back to Kentucky and Ohio (YAY!! I love going back home!!), Hawaii (Isaac gets to join in on the Thomas Family tradition of celebrating Christmas without snow!), and next March going to St. Pete, FL for the SEC Basketball Tournament. We are so excited for our upcoming vacations!
My sister Alex and me on our way to England
My family in Kona, Hawaii
Isaac and me on our honeymoon in Myrtle Beach, NC
My family in Cairo, Egypt
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Traveling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Man. I'd have to do a lot of catch up to see the places you've seen. One day...
I have always been a little ( or a lot) jealous of your travels growing up, but I'm glad that you found someone that enjoys and is able to continue that with you!
I'm going to Germany, Austria, and the Czech Republic for graduation, before the teacher's salary officially becomes my main source of income!
Ashley-- I am jealous you are going to those countries! That's very exciting. I have never been there, but Germany and the Czech Repub. are on our list! Isaac speaks German so he is very anxious to go over there.
Leanne - Hey there! I'm so glad that you have a blog so that I can stalk you every once in awhile!! Thanks for posting!! I have links to all of my siblings on my blog and Crystal (Magleby) and Caryn (Rasmussen) Madsen... just so you can find them too! :)
Hi Leanne! I found your blog through Laura's and you guys are so cute! My blog is private but if you want an invite just e-mail me at k.thurgood@yahoo.com and I can send you one.
--Kelli (Bolingbroke) Thurgood
Post a Comment