Saturday, May 10, 2014

Old Kentucky Home

Sami & I took a 3 week trip back home to Kentucky! Isaac was out in the field while his Army unit did training so it was the perfect excuse to go visit my parents. I was a little nervous about flying solo with Sami, but she did great! I'm happy that the next trip we take Isaac will be with us because doing it all by myself was tiring. 
--on the plane! She is a seasoned traveller :)--

--so happy to see some GREEN!--
We had a lot of fun, and after Sami got aquatinted with grandma and grandpa's house, she was on the move! 

Sami loved playing in the grass, chasing Zippo (my parents' cat), and banging her toys against the hardwood floors. She had some tumbles onto her little noggin but nothing a little kiss and hug didn't make better, and I know this is just the start of bumps and bruises as she learns to walk and climb. 

--she loved having that ducky in her mouth--
--my little shopping buddy!--
--getting a dobro lesson from grandpa!--

I got to visit with family & friends and that was great! We got to see my long time friend Cory & his mom, my best friend Sara and her 2 girls, aunts, uncles, cousins, and my grandma! Lots of new people for Sami to meet, which she wasn't so keen on all the time. But after she warmed up to people she was very happy. 
--hanging out with grandpa & walking on the farm--

While I'm always sad to leave Kentucky, I was so ready to get back home to my husband! Seriously love that guy. Thank goodness for Skype and texting! We are headed to visit our Sebourn family in a few weeks in Oklahoma! We can't wait!

No comments: