Our sweet Sami turns 6 months in just a few days! I really feel like the past 2 months have just flown by. I love seeing her grow and learn new things!
Sami finally started to sleep through the night!! It is a miracle, really. She was down to one feeding at night but even then would wake up and barely eat anything, we think she was just waking out of habit and couldn't fall back to sleep on her own. I was not looking forward to it, but some sleep training had to be done! Our sweet girl woke up 10+ times a night, either needing a binky replaced or rocked back to sleep. We tried gentler methods to help her sleep but nothing worked. We unfortunately arrived to cry it out-ville. Surprisingly, it went much better than we anticipated! She cried for about 20 mins the first night when we put her to bed and calmed down to a few whimper (it was so sad! I cried right along with her). She fell asleep and slept through until 6am!! I was awoken to a very happy baby who smiled more than I had ever seen her smile! That made my heart feel better. She was so well rested (and so were mommy and daddy!) and continues to be very happy. She has since cried a little off and in for the past week since we started sleep training, but she has adapted so well. No parent wants to hear their child cry but we knew it was best for her and for us, because a well rested mommy makes a better mommy.
Sami is consistently sitting up on her own and loves this new perspective of the world! She also loves to roll all around our living room, opening up the drawers to the tv stand, playing with boxes, and anything that makes a crinkly sound. I would say though that by far her favorite toy is a measuring cup and she loves to hit it against the tile floor.
We started feeding her rice cereal about a month ago and she has taken a liking to being spoon fed. So far, she loves pears, bananas, and carrots while tolerating green beans and spitting out/gagging on peas. Isaac has given her a taste of Oreo crumbs, and just like her father, she loved them. She still doesn't drink much formula but she is growing and very healthy. We have her 6mo check up next week and I can't wait to see how much she had grown!
Sami loves to talk! And she loves even more when we have conversations with her. Her responses include: dadadada, bababababa, ah-goo ah-goo, and razzing sounds.
We just love this little girl!






No comments:
Post a Comment