It was weird coming "home" this weekend. I no longer go to the house on Tateswood Drive, hang out in the basement where so many memories were made with friends and family, and sleep in the familiar bedroom that was my sanctuary as a teenager.
Now I drive through Nicholasville and turn onto Old Railroad to get to my parents house. Old Railroad is familiar to me; my dad grew up on this farm, my grandpa's and uncle's houses are here and many wonderful memories were made here with my cousins.
My parents are finally moved into the house they built! It is beautiful and I am thrilled for them. I absolutely love the farm and the sunsets here have been gorgeous. This has been their dream for a long time, but they were kind enough to let my sister and I finish school in Lexington where all of our friends and activities were.
I love this farm and the family history that is here. One day Isaac & I will build a house and raise another generation on Old Railroad.




1 comment:
OH MAN!! I love this place! I'm glad they've got the railing up on the porch so I won't fall off this time (jk). I seriously LOVE the house. Can't wait to jam on the porch.
Post a Comment