We are so excited because next time we see them, they will be getting married!! :) A few days after Aaron and Carolyn left, my parents came out!! I love the time they take to come out here, even for just a short visit. We went to the Elton John & Billy Joel concert (AMAZING by the way. A lifelong dream fulfilled!), ate some delicious food, and had fun hanging out. I drove back to Kentucky with my parents and stayed there for a week.
Mom & Dad eating at Leo's BBQ downtown
Dad doing his favorite thing: chopping wood
Our beautiful farm where Isaac and I will build our house someday!
I had so much fun seeing my friends and hanging out with them and my family. Everytime I go home it makes me miss KY even more and I can't WAIT to get back there when school/army is over! But I sure was happy when I landed at the airport in Oklahoma City because I missed Isaac and was sad he couldn't come to KY with me. Then to top off our few weeks of family/friends, more of my in-laws came to town! Isaac's brother Joe and his wife Krista came in for some job interviews (Joe is graduating this May from Dental School at Ohio State) and Janice, Isaac's mom, came too! I love having my in-laws come visit because we don't get to see them very often.
In other news, UK got a new coach! YIPPEEE!!! John Calipari, the former coach of Memphis, is now our coach! UK made him the highest paid basketball coach! Thank you to our boosters :D He is an outstanding recruiter, a great family guy, arrogant enough, and a terrific coach! He and Rick Pitino (the little brother's coach) have a big rivalry which will bring more fight to the UK-U of L games :) He has already brought in one of the top recruits and will hopefully get 2 more that were originally going to Memphis but now aren't.

GO BIG BLUE!!
1 comment:
HAHA the game of spoons was a very interesting one... i got in trouble a lot
Post a Comment