Friday, November 7, 2008

my first apple pie

Today I made my fist apple pie!! My mom makes the best apple pie ever, it's perfect. So I think that's why I've never tried, because she always makes them! But now I don't live in KY with my mom to make delicious pies and cookies, and I have a husband who "NEEDS" to have sweets :) We got an apple-peeler-corer for our wedding and it got left at my parents house so now that I have it, I ventured into my first pie making experience. I consider myself a pretty good cook and able to follow a recipie, but baking is a whole other level of cooking. Even Rachel Ray is bad at baking!

It came out of the oven about 2 hours ago, but it really has to cool down before we can eat it. I'll let you know how it turns out :D

P.S. It is DELICIOUS!!! My mom always said the best apple pie is based on how you make the crust and mine turned out great! This is what Isaac said: "You know what this means, you will have to make lots of pies now!" I'll take that as a compliment :)

2 comments:

Greg and Tammy said...

oooh. wish I could join you guys for that!! I just LOVE my apple peeler/slicer/corer. They are the best!

The White Family said...

I am impressed! Can I come over?!