I feel, so far, that the second blog is the hardest one. Because in the first one all you are doing is saying "I'm new to the blogging world". So what am I going to do in this one? Nothing new or exciting has happened since I started this last night, but I'm so excited about being a "blogger" that I wanted to do something :) So I guess I will just give a little info about Isaac and me!
We met back in January of 2007 in our anatomy class at BYU. We were in the same lab and on the first day of lab, we were sitting next to each other (not a coincidence I came to find out, I was the "cutest girl in class" haha) and as we were going around the room introducing ourselves, we found out that we grew up only about 1 1/2 hours from each other! Isaac is from Dayton, OH and I'm from Lexington, KY. Well, we started talking about all the cool and fun things back east that we both loved, like King's Island, the Reds, Skyline Chili, etc. and we became fast friends! I wasn't looking to date anyone, as I had just sent off a missionary (I know, poor guy, dating a girl who is at BYU while on his mission) and because I had told Isaac that I had a boyfriend, we just became good friends. Welll... good friends became crushes and that became a couple :) I mean, studying cadavers is soo romantic! haha.
Our first time hanging out outside of class or studying, we did something that we are both passionate about-- sports. It was March Madness, and we got together to watch the BYU basketball game and then the Ohio St. game that followed (Isaac loves his Buckeyes). It was kinda funny because we were sitting on the couch in his apartment, on opposite sides, and nervously talking and not knowing what to do. HAHA! After about a week of hanging out every few days, it became every day. We could not get enough of each other! I had never met someone so like me and we had so much fun together. Well, the semester was coming to a close and that meant I was leaving Provo to go back home to Kentucky. Isaac took me to the airport and when we finally had to separate at security, I knew there was something extra special between us.
4 months is a LOOONG time when you are apart from your best friend and someone you really, really, really like (that's what we would say to each other before we said the "L" word hehe). Isaac had booked a flight to come out to visit before I left Utah, and finally when June rolled around, he was in Kentucky with me! We had a wonderful week together and my mom gave her stamp of approval. The next time I was going to get to see him was in August when he was coming out with his brother and sister-in-law to Lexington, when his brother started Law School at UK. Throughout the summer we talked every night for at least 2 hours, we talked during the day online, and texted constantly (thank goodness for unlimited texts!). Our relationship grew so much because of how well we got to know each other.
Finally, August came! We got to be together and we were leaving around the same time to go back to Utah. We picked up right where we had left off and everything was great. Now of course, because of how in love we were, we talked about marriage.. a lot :D Isaac was going to start dental school that next fall and so we felt like that next summer (2008) would be perfect. We got engaged (after me wondering, when am I going to get my ring?!? haha) in January of '08 and then on June 14th we were married in the Louisville, Kentucky Temple!

I am so lucky to have my best friend as my husband. We are now in Oklahoma, where Isaac is attending OU for dental school, and I am also in school finishing up my degree. We are having a fun time, especially hanging out with Isaac's brother, Mike, and his family!
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
our story :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Welcome to the blogging world!! I'm excited to use more than just facebook as a way to keep up with you guys! :-) Good luck!
Thanks! I'm excited about this whole blogging thing. Now I can write a lot about whatever is going on! I will put you under our "people we love" thing!
We are so excited you have a blog! Wish ya'll didn't live in Oklahoma, but maybe we can visit. :)
Adam, Sandy & Owen
Ah, we're so excited that you guys have a blog! You are so cute together and it will be fun to read it and see what's going on with you guys!
Your little love story is so cute!
This is wonderful Leanne! I feel so out of touch with every one that little things like this make me feel still involved somehow. I look forward to reading!
P.S. Thank you for reminding me of a blog I haven't written in since 2005! I took a couple minutes reading what I wrote my first year of school and had to giggle at some of the incredibly immature things I wrote and felt at the time.
I still cannot believe you are married! You still seem like the little beehive girl to me! I remember your first Sunday in Young Womens! You have come such a long way and grown so much. Congratulations on meeting such a great guy. You have so much to look forward to ahead.
Post a Comment