Friday, July 30, 2010

seattle & san juan islands!

I just got back from a GREAT vacation out in the northwest! My parents and sister had planned a trip to go out there to meet up with our friends the Gates who used to live in Lexington and whose oldest daughter goes to Utah State with my sister. Since Isaac was going to be gone for 6 weeks and I was coming home, my parents bought me a ticket to go out with them! I have now found my new favorite place to vacation in the summer. We got out to Seattle late Thursday night and Friday morning we drove about an hour and a half over to the cost to catch the ferry to Lopez Island. What a beautiful part of our country! The air was cool and crisp and it was so relaxing. We stayed on Lopez until Tuesday morning and then we came back to Seattle. We had a red eye back to Lexington that night so we got to spend all day in Seattle! I could so live there. We went down to Pike Place and watched them throw the fish (which i realy wanted to do, but I guess only the workers can), bought a bunch of cherries, and then got some lunch. We then did some shopping at H&M, went to the theatre to see Inception (GREAT movie!) and then went to dinner at Ivar's for dinner. If you ever go to Seattle, go to Ivar's! Awesome seafood!






on the ferry



the house we stayed in





pike place!






It was such a fun trip! We can't wait to go back!

No comments: