Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Outraged and Disgusted

Last night as I was flipping through the channels on the TV I ran across this news that has me very disturbed and angry. I do not have children yet but most of you that read my blog do so I wanted to share it anyway, because at some point in the next few years we will have kids and I am worried about raising them in the environment that now surrounds us.

A school district in Helena, Montana has designed a new sex-education program for grades K-12 that is the very opposite of what I believe and want to teach in my home. I'll put up 2 links that give you more information about it. The first is a summary of what will be taught and the second is the interview that I watched with a parent and a news reporter at Fox news. (By the way, although I am pretty conservative, I don't normally watch Fox or think that it is the only news station that I can get information from)

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/jul/10071312.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,596693,00.html

It's scary to think this could start happening all over the country. Let's make sure to be involved with decisions that affect how our children taught outside the home! I think there are so many great things about public/private schools over homeschooling; I loved going to school to learn and hang out with friends, so I will never homeschool my kids, but I might send them to a private Christian school if this is what's being taught in the future

2 comments:

Sierra said...

I would seriously pull my kids out of that school for this. That is insane! I'm with you, we need to stand up for what we believe in. I do think we need to teach our children things, because if we don't have "the talk" with them, someone else will, and who knows what they will see or hear from them!

Marissa said...

That WAS disgusting Leanne... I forwarded this on to my sister who lives in Montana.